Thursday, May 15, 2008

Going on Ferrari...?

So I look up a little while ago. Ash is trying to give Tate one of his hats. She does not want it and is complaining that she wants her own Ferrari hat. So I do some minor moderating. Tate gets her hat and all is well.

Next, they are off to the pantry. Ash has the door open and is looking for something very specific...something about food for the tiger. Then I get it. "Oh...you want food for the tiger... that you are going to find on your - 'Ferrari'. Right!"

So, I help them accomplish their goal and we begin hunting the tiger. Well, apparently Oliver, our tiger in residence, has by now caught on. We are not having great luck finding him. Then I hear from under the bed, "There he is! I found him!" Off he goes! My two hunters on Ferrari close on his heels. They capture him and get to the feeding. The tiger is game to play along. After all, it is not everyday that a tiger gets two handfuls of tender morsels.

I am distracted for a bit and finally tune in to the commotion in Asher's room. They even have the door shut, which is against house rules. So, I go back to investigate. These pictures are what I find...



"uh, so are we really gonna..."


"tell ya what - capture this!"


"hey, a little help here?!"

"what the...?!"


"...could you, uh..."



"...oh, boy..."


"...really?"





"hey, ya wanna loosen the grip just a touch?"

We promise Oliver was not harmed during this adventure:)




Oliver is a champ. He has grown to endure these kids and I think is looking forward to the day when he can go sleep with them. Until then it looks like our tiger will have to endure being sat upon because "he wants to move and run away."

I am laughing out loud. Ash sets Oliver down and lies on him, then picks him up and moves him to the other end of the bed and 'contains' him, then tries another spot only to trip and land on the cat...all the while Oliver's face and eyes pleading to be rescued.

I look forward to their next Ferrari and wonder what they will find...

4 comments:

LDraper said...

That is hysterical!

I love the 3rd picture... If I could read Oliver's mind, I can imagine him saying:
"Get me out of here NOW! Seriously, lady, or I'll meow loudly all through naptime. I mean it!"

Thanks for the good laugh!

Keven said...

I wasn't here for this....it was all Keven. He laughed hysterically when re-telling it to me!

Keven & Alicia said...

the above comment was from Alicia, not Keven:)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh my goodness. I am ROLLING. Those pictures and the story...! SUCH a great post. And, it took me FOREVER to figure out Ferrari. Once I did I laughed even harder.

Those ARE some pretty sweet Ferrari hats. I can totally see why she wanted her own. ;)