Monday, September 14, 2009

"I have a blessing"

So we were hanging out on Asher's bed closing down the day. We have been trying hard to keep the idea of God's goodness and His many blessings at the fore in our home.

The other day Ash kicked out a new song called 'I have a blessing' which Lish promptly wrote down in her journal. Last night I asked the kids which blessing they wanted to thank Jesus for as we prayed. With big eyes Ash raised his finger in the air. He disappeared and came back into the room with mom's journal so that he could share his song with us. Tatum didn't yet know it so he took some time to teach it to her.

These two videos are what followed. We did not influence the song at all. Only transcribed. Tate even added a line at the end. I love that they are only 5 and 3 yrs old. Here's hoping they turn into a dynamice song writing duo.

I have said this from the platform when leading worship before... as a father to this boy and this girl, it is difficult for me to find words to express what I feel when I hear them singing songs that bless and edify our Heavenly Father. As a musician, that is magnified further when they 'write' their own songs that are praise and worship to Jesus! That being true, how much must God love hearing us sing songs to Him from a heart that recognizes the blessings that He has richly given us!

Enjoy...



Practice

The Final Product...sort of

2 comments:

LDraper said...

I love it.

I'm so proud of my talented Nephew and Niece.

More importantly.... Jesus is thrilled!!

Love you guys...
Linds

Mimi said...

That is so incredibly sweet. You can tell how much they love the Lord and how much they love each other too! They're too cute!