Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Do you love Jesus?"



Asher and I were walking over to Papa and Grandma's house last night, about 3/4 of a mile from our place. He was holding my hand the whole way, except for the occasional stop to inpsect something along the side of the road.




I was really enjoying the walk and moments like that tend to take me to my son's future and what might be in store for him down the road. As I was thinking, sort of out loud, I said, "Asher, I sure hope you love Jesus." As I said, I was thinking about his future and hoping that God will be the one holding his heart for eternity. Then I asked him, "Do you love Jesus?"




He said, "Yeah, I like Jesus...but I love dinosaurs."




Right. He is only three. At least he likes Jesus. We'll start there and keep working.

No comments: